1. A. M. Al-Kafri, "Using Remote Sensing Techniques and Geographical Information Systems in Determining Appropriate Sites to Build Dams to Collect Rain and Flood Waters", from the research of the International Forum Geotuns, Tunis, p. 14, 2008
2. A. A Hasan,. "Thrust Fault Tectonics in The Duhok Region (High Folded Zone, N Iraq) ", International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 2015
3. A. A. Hasan, M. M. Naji, M. J. Rashid, "The use of remote sensing and geographic information systems in the geomorphological study of Bekhair students in northern Iraq", Babylon University Journal of Craft and Applied Sciences, issue (1), magazine (23), p.5, 2015
4. k. A. AlMohseen, , Z. M. Klari, "Effect of Bekhma Reservoir System on the Water Management Plan for Selected Area in Greater Zab River Basin". ZJPAS 28 (2), s264-269, 2016
5. R. Al-Ruzouq, K. Hamad, A. Shanableh, M. Khalil, "Infrastructure growth assessment of urban areas based on multi-temporal satellite images and linear features". Ann. ARCGIS 23, 183–201, 2017
6. R. Al-Ruzouq, A. Shanableh, A. G. Yilmaz, A Idris, S. Mukherjee, M. A. Khalil, M. B. Gibril, "Dam Site Suitability Mapping and Analysis Using an Integrated ARCGIS and Machine Learning Approach". Water 11, 1880, 2019 https://doi:10.3390/w11091880
7. F. M. Al Sulaiman, "Using Remote Sensing Techniques and Geographic Information Systems in Evaluating Dams’ Positions for Water Harvesting Development in the Asir Region, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia", King Khalid University, College of Human Sciences, Department of Geography, p. 30, 2014
8. W. Ge, Z. Li, R.Y. Liang, W. Li, Y. Cai, "Methodology for establishing risk criteria for dams in developing countries, case study of china. Water Resour. Manag", 31, 4063–4074, 2017.
9. H. Abdel-Aziz,: Geography of Mount Bermam and its river basins, a master’s thesis (unpublished), College of Arts, Department of Geography, Salah al-Din University, p40, 2000
10. M.G. Kumar, A.K. Agarwal, R. Bali, "Delineation of potential sites for water harvesting structures using remote sensing and ARCGIS". J. Indian Soc. Remote Sens. 36, 323–334, 2008
11. Z. Li, W. Li, W. Ge, "Weight analysis of influencing factors of dam break risk consequences". Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 18, 3355–3362, 2018
12. M. J. N. Al-Brefkani, A. H. Al-Matbibi, Y. M. B. Al-Asadi, "The study of folding in cretaceous and tertiary formations in bekhair anticline through structural contour maps", The Iraqi National Journal of Earth Sciences, Vol12, No. 1, p.79, 2012
13. M. S. Abdel-Hakim, "The Arab World: Land, Population and Resources", 2nd Edition, Anglo-Egyptian Library, Cairo, p. 95, 1971
14. R. H. Al-Hidan, M. J. Al-Samraai "Rain investigation of the slopes of the Hamrin Hills using ARCGIS technology", The Journal of the College of Arts, University of Baghdad, No. 83,p.208, 2008
15. S. H. Khidir, "The Impact of Saddam Dam on the Properties of Groundwater", Master Thesis, University of Mosul, College of Education, p.34, 2000
16. T. M. Al-Mufti, "The use of remote sensing techniques and geochemical indications in changing the phenomenon of thermal anomalies in the southern Qarjof and Bay Hassan regions in northern Iraq", Doctoral Thesis, unpublished, College of Science, University of Mosul, p. 34, 2002
17. T.I.E. Veldkamp, Y. Wada, J.C.J.H. Aerts, P. Döll, S.N. Gosling, J. Liu, Y. Masaki, T. Oki, S. Ostberg, Y. Pokhrel. " Water scarcity hotspots travel downstream due to human interventions in the 20th and 21th century". Nat. Common. 8, 2017
18. M. Wu, W. Ge, Z. Li, Z. Wu, H. Zhang, J. Li, Y. Pan, "Improved set pair analysis and its application to environmental impact evaluation of dam break". Water 11, 821, 2019
19. Sh. A. Amin, : measuring soil erosion in the district of Duhok, unpublished master's thesis, 2016
20. S.M.J Baban, K. Wan-yusof. "Modelling optimum sites for locating reservoirs in tropical environments". Water Resour. Manag. 17, 1–17, 2003.
21. K.N., Ratnam, V.V Rao, E.Amminedu, "Check dam positioning by prioritization of micro-watersheds using SYI model and morphometric analysis—Remote sensing and GIS perspective". J. Indian Soc. Remote Sens. 33, 25, 2005.
22. A. Pandey, V.M Chowdary, B.C. Mal "Dabral, P.P. Remote sensing and GIS for identification of suitable sites for soil and water conservation structures". Land Degrad. Dev. 22, 359–372, 2011.
23. I.A. Jamali, U. Mörtberg, B. A. Olofsson "spatial multi-criteria analysis approach for locating suitable sites for construction of subsurface dams in Northern Pakistan". Water Resour. Manag. 28, 5157–5174, 2014.
24. K.N. Sayl, N.S. Muhammad "Estimation the physical variables of rainwater harvesting system using integrated GIS-based remote sensing approach".. Water Resour. Manag. 30, 3299–3313, 2016.
25. I.A. Jamali, B. Olofsson, U. Mo "Locating suitable sites for the construction of subsurface dams using GIS". Environ. Earth Sci. 70, 2511–2525, 2013
26. M. G. Kumar,A. K. Agarwal, R. Bali "Delineation of potential sites for water harvesting structures usingremote sensing and GIS". J. Indian Soc. Remote Sens. 36, 323–334, 2008.
27. A. Mohammed, B. Pradhan, Q. Mahmood "Dam site suitability assessment at the Greater Zab River in northern Iraq using remote sensing data and GIS". J. Hydrol.574, 964–979, 2019.
28. H. Weerasinghe, E. Syst, C. C. Attribution "Water harvest-and storage-location assessment model using GIS and remote sensing". Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. Discuss. 8, 3353–3381, 2011.
29. J.P.S. Darshdeep, S.P.K Litoria "Selection of Suitable Sites for Water Harvesting Structures in Soankhad Watershed, Punjab using Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System (RS & GIS) Approach—A Case Study". J. Indian Soc. Remote Sens. 37, 21–35, 2009.
30. S. Das,P. K. Paul "Selection of site for small hydel using GIS in the Himalayan region of India" . J. Spat. H